Old School UO

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Old School UO
Old School UO
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skill gain

Go down

Skill gain Empty Skill gain

Post  Salith [Staff] Wed May 25, 2011 11:27 pm

Some skills are harder to gain than others. If you have trouble gaining a particular skill, I could give you some ideas on how to speed up the process.

First one is Magery. Magery is always alittle slow because you have to wait for your mana to raise. Also, it's good to know which spell you should be casting at which level. Here's an idea.

0-30 train it from an npc
30-40 use Fireball
40-50 use Mana drain
50-90 use Invis
90-100 use Earthqauke

It's important to set up a macro that allows you to meditate between casting, so you can gain your mana back quicker and cast more often. Using razor's macro system, this is what I'd recommend.

CastSpell Mana drain
If [mana <= 10]
UseSkil Meditation
Wait for Mana >= 11

Ideally cast mana drain on something else besides yourself. Unless you need to gain resist.

CastSpell Invisibility
If [mana <= 19]
UseSkil Meditation
Wait for Mana >= 20

CastSpell earthquake
If [mana <= 49]
UseSkil Meditation
Wait for Mana >= 50

These macroes should help you build a character a bit faster. If you have any trouble, just post a message.

Now resist. For resist, try these spells

0-30 train from vendor

30-65 Mana drain Around in the 60's though, you're better off with ebolt. But unless you have a really good heal macro set up, you can get to 65 with mana drain. You can use the same macro as you did for magery, except make sure you target yourself.

65-100 Mana vamp. Here's a macro for this one.

CastSpell Mana Vampire
Exec: Target Self
If [mana <= 39]
UseSkil Meditation
Wait for Mana >= 40

It's better if you can get another mage to cast on you though.

These two skills are some of the hardest to build without macroing and they're pretty expensive to build as well. That's why most people start off with 50 magery and 50 resist when they make a new character. Luckily, these skills are easily macroed. Let me know if this helps anyone out, and if there's any other skills you're having trouble with.

Also, if you're having trouble setting up razor macroes, i can help with that too.

Read more: http://wakeoftheredwitch.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=players&action=display&thread=36#ixzz1NQCB6U7u

Salith [Staff]
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum